First Federal Division - Updates!
UpdateS from 1FD
- 1st Federal Division is having its meeting in St. Louis on January 26, 2019 at Jefferson Barracks. - If interested in coming contact Col. Crofutt ASAP!
- Brigadier General Bob Minton has announced that he is not looking to run for another term & so the Division needs to find a new Division Commander. Anyone who is qualified is asked to let the Brigade Commanders know so they can start considering their options for the election.
- Mill Springs Kentucky - 1st Weekend in November 2019. This is going to be the G.A.R. big push. This site has some really nice pristine ground for an event. However, the battlefield is getting ready to be given over to the National Park Service so this will be the last Reenactment held here. Many of the initial contracts have already been signed. Things are moving forward and looking good so far no real issues to report. A site visit will be held in March during the G.A.R. meeting. Federal Camps are really nice and for the most part, already laid out. Here is an early Site Map.
- Col. Robert Van of the Cumberland Guard is overall Federal Commander for Mill Springs event, Bob Minton will be AAG on his staff. Looking at 2 main union army groups - 1 of the Cumberland Guards and its associates and the other army group to be comprised of First Federal Division troops under command of whoever is elected 1FD Commander, in some type of Brigade organization just depending on how the 1st Federal division meeting goes in January.
- Other news Looking to get a Franklin or Stones River event in 2020 and to have a final yes or no by landowners by no later than March.
- Long Rang Calander that the G.A.R. organization wants to pursue at this time is the following.
Mill Springs - 2019
Franklin or Stones River - 2020
Wilson Creek - 2021 (assuming that someone is going to put that event on - G.A.R. will push heavy to support).
Vicksburg Campaign in 2022 or 2023
These are efforts of the GAR to try looking West and try to support events out west but also being realistic. Wilson Creek and Vicksburg would be an easier draw to attract folks from East to come west these are more well-known fights!
Next G.A.R. Call will be early February sometime.